- No current opportunities
Linux Systems Administrator
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
Having recently secured PE investment, we are entering the next chapter in our growth journey and are looking to expand our team.
Due to expansion, we are looking for 2 experienced Linux Systems Administrators to join our team.
Reporting to the Technical Operations Manager, you will play a vital role of this small but fast-paced team. Your duties will include, but not be limited to;
- Manage and support our development, test and production Linux servers
- Manage configuration documentation and operations run-books
- Woking with wider systems team to resolve technical issues
- Ensure that our business critical systems remain operational at all times
- Have technical proficiency with demonstrable experience of managing production environments
- Have operational experience of administering Linux servers (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS/RHEL) in a production environment
- Have experience providing 2nd / 3rd line support
- Have the ability to work effectively both as part of a team and individually
- Have a good grasp of network and storage fundamentals
- Would be keep to develop your knowledge of different technologies
As well as the above, if you have experience with any of the following technologies, wed like to know about it!
- Relational databases (Postgresql, MySQL)
- Configuration management tools (particularly Ansible. Knowledge of others such as Puppet, Chef, CFEngine would be useful)
- Virtualisation technologies (VMWare ESX)
- Webservers (Apache 2.x, Nginx)
- Shell scripting (bash/perl/python)
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our Systems Team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience.
We understand that people work differently, so our employees can work flexibly around our core hours, and we expect some flexibility in return. We have introduced a hybrid work environment where employees combine working remotely and working from the office. You will therefore need to be able to commute to our Cambridge office for meetings as required.
How to apply
If you’d like to join RealVNC as a Linux Systems Administrator, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our website is only intended for individuals and preferred suppliers of RealVNC. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency that is not a preferred supplier are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or CVs, or to forward CVs directly to employees or any other company location, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
RealVNC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers. RealVNC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.