- No current opportunities
Business Applications Lead
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
The Business Applications team at RealVNC is responsible for the design, development, and ongoing maintenance of our sales/e-commerce systems and full stack web development for the company's customer facing websites. This role includes hands-on software development and team leadership/line management for the small team of software and QA/Test engineers. You’ll be responsible for scheduling and managing the team's work, mentoring, working with key stakeholders across the business as required and steering the direction of the team.
- Come from a software engineering background with proven experience of application development supporting e-commerce systems, ideally with experience of SaaS
- Have knowledge and demonstrable experience of at least two of: C# ASP.Net, Java, Salesforce Apex, Python. Other programming languages and frameworks are highly desirable
- Have a desire to expand your skillset to other technologies as required
- Have experience of writing services running on cloud services such as AWS and/or Azure are desirable
- Are experienced with CI workflows
- Contribute across the entire development lifecycle (analysis, design, implementation, testing, release, and production support)
- Can estimate, prioritise and track workloads for you and your team, managing the needs of various stakeholders and keeping them up to date appropriately
- Have a “can do” attitude and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment
- Can bring out the best in people, and can develop them to achieve even more
- Can explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a good technical degree (or equivalent qualification / experience)
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our Business Applications Team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience.
We understand that people work differently, so our employees can work flexibly around our core hours, and we expect some flexibility in return. Currently we are operating a hybrid work environment where employees combine working remotely and working from the office.
How to apply
If you’d like to join RealVNC as Business Applications Lead, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our website is only intended for individuals and preferred suppliers of RealVNC. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency that is not a preferred supplier are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or CVs, or to forward CVs directly to employees or any other company location, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
RealVNC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers. RealVNC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.