- No current opportunities
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
Having recently secured PE investment, we are entering the next chapter in our growth journey and are looking to expand our team.
As UX designer, you'll ensure that the 'user experience' for individuals using websites or applications is as efficient and pleasurable as possible. You'll be involved in the design of digital products and services for specific target groups and end users and will need to understand motivations. You will work collaboratively with other members of the digital team and the wider business to ensure that products and services meet client needs.
- Main duties will include;
- Plan and conduct user research and usability testing
- Understand product requirements and user psychology
- Develop wireframes and task flows based on user needs, define the right interaction model and evaluate success
- Find creating way to solve UX problems and achieve the right balance between UX and security requirements
- Keep up to date with competitors and industry trends
- Collaborate with product and development teams to ensure successful delivery
You will have previous experience as UX designer in a similar role and will have effective communication skills in order to liaise with team members as well as clients to ensure that high quality end-user designs meet requirements. You will also have;
- A degree in design, computer science or related field
- Proficiency with design software (e.g. Balsamiq)
- An empathetic approach to both customer feedback / requirements and also peers
- Design and special skills to gauge the usability of the website / application
- An aptitude for using a logical, step-by-step approach to ensure designs are user friendly for end users
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in order to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent written communication skills and an excellent eye for detail
- An open and flexible approach to your workload and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing set of tasks in an area of emerging, new technologies
- Enthusiasm to keep up to date with software applications and new techniques
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our UX Designer, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience.
We understand that people work differently, so our employees can work flexibly around our core hours, and we expect some flexibility in return. We have introduced a hybrid work environment where employees combine working remotely and working from the office. You will therefore need to be able to commute to our Cambridge office for meetings as required.
How to apply
If you’d like to join RealVNC as a UX Designer, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our website is only intended for individuals and preferred suppliers of RealVNC. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency that is not a preferred supplier are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or CVs, or to forward CVs directly to employees or any other company location, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
RealVNC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers. RealVNC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.